2. Discuss with examples whether the technological benefits of appropriation have been achieved.
3. Are the present safety practices of your industry adequate? What steps do you consider should be taken by the industry to address the present situation?
4. The manifestation of professionalism among engineers occurs through their interactions with other segments of the society, which can be viewed essentially as an exercise in group dynamics. In this regard, the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (MIME) s ideally constituted to serve the purpose. Discuss the various functions that can be provided by MIME in promoting professionalism.
5. In this technological age, the power of the engineers in shaping the society and environment in all pervading and can be profoundly affect the lives of many members of the society. From your personal experience, how largely positive impacts have accrued from the contributions of engineers.
6. “He shall not under any circumstances solicit advisory or consultative work, either directly or by an gent, nor shall he pay, by commission or otherwise any person who may introduce clients to him”.
Discuss the ways in which an engineer, especially one that is a newcomer to the field, can project him/herself as responsible professional to the society without being guilty of violating the above.
7. Engineers are often entrusted with the responsibility of implementing large- scale projects involving millions of dollars. In view of the large amount of money changing hands, the integrity and ethical standards of engineers are Ewing put to test.